Extreme Weather Drop-off/Pick-up Instructions
Thank you to the parents who were able to adapt to the situation this morning and drive sensibly on the school grounds. It is always more dangerous when we have buses, cars and pedestrians mixing in a relatively small space and I thank those of you who responded appropriately this morning.
As we enter the autumnal/winter weather, I would like to take this opportunity to inform you about the plans for pick-up and drop-off at the beginning and end of each school day.
- If there is light drizzle/snow, then cars will drop-off as expected at the car park outside of school. Please ensure that your child is suitably dressed, e.g. coat, umbrella, etc.
- If this occurs on a ‘certificate checking day’, checks will be made at the entrance to the Senior School Library (Senior School pupils) and Junior School Reception (Junior School pupils).
- If there is a heavy downpour, cars WILL be permitted to enter the School driveway.
- Cars should keep to the right-hand side and drop children off in front of the Junior School/next to the yellow pathway.
- Parents should NOT park – it is drop off only.
- Please drive at a slow speed and be alert to the conditions (pupils/other vehicles).
- If this occurs on a ‘certificate checking day’, temperatures will be taken when pupils enter the school but the child’s class teacher/form tutor will check certificates.
- If there is light drizzle/snow then pick-up will happen in the normal way – that is to say that pupils in the Junior School will be brought up the school driveway as normal and parents will collect as normal.
- IF there is a heavy downpour, Senior School pupils will depart as normal. However, for the Junior School:
- Parents will need to park in the car park as normal.
- Pupils in Nursery, Reception, Year 1, will be brought to the covered area outside the Senior School Library. Parents will need to pick up here.
- Pupils in Years 2-6 will be brought to the Senior School main entrance (it is covered). Parents will need to pick-up from here.
- We will NOT be allowing any cars to enter the school driveway until after the school buses have departed. Therefore, if you are late picking up your child in a heavy downpour, you can enter the School Driveway after 3:45pm and pick your child up from the Junior School.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Wishing you and your family good health.