Nursery to Y6 Spring Term Parent-Teacher Meeting
Thursday 30th March or Thursday 6th April
As we reach the point where there are just three busy weeks of the term remaining, we are in the process of arranging our Spring Parent-Teacher meetings. This is a good opportunity to discuss your children’s progress. We believe that face-to-face meetings play a key role in effective communication with parents, which in turn will help us better support your children.
All class teachers will be located in their usual classrooms. The PE teachers will be in the upstairs foyer. The Greek and Music teachers will be available on the evening and will have sign-up sheets outside their classrooms should you wish to see them.
If your child has maths taught by a teacher other than the class teacher, Arabic lessons, Learning Support lessons or EAL lessons, these teachers will be present for the face-to-face meetings and you may make an appointment via the same process as outlined below via the appropriate sign-up sheet..
Procedure for making an appointment with your class teacher:
- Login to your child’s school Gmail from Monday 20th March 2023.
- Find the shared Parent-Teacher document in their inbox.
- Select one appointment either on 30th March or 6th April. Note that the slots in red are virtual meeting times and those in black are face-to-face meetings in school.
- If your child has EAL or LS, complete the same procedure for these teachers.
- Make a note of the appointment times.
- You must log in via each child’s account to make appointments for siblings.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to reset the password if you cannot access your child’s school Gmail.
- Online meetings with the class teacher will take place via Google Meet via a link shared with you closer to the date by the class teacher.
Please note that you will not be able to access the appointment doc via other emails. It is important that you are on time for your meeting to avoid having large congregations in the school.
Children should not attend these meetings and they should not remain on campus during the evening. Light refreshments will be available.
This week the Junior School is learning about democracy through persuasive writing and public speaking. This will lead us into the Art of Speaking Competition next week, where children will be presenting their persuasive speeches in class, and the winners in assembly.
Our Arabic-speaking children are in their final rehearsals for tomorrow’s Arabic celebration. Thank you to all who have helped with the preparation.
As the start of Ramadan is later this week, I would ask that class teachers are informed of any children who will be fasting.
The Annual Greek Dancing Show takes place this Friday 24th March at 7.30 pm in the Senior School Hall. Dancers from Year 3 to Year 13 will be presenting Greek dances from a variety of regions.
Later this term Junior Sports Day (Y3 to Y6) takes place on 4th April, starting at 9.30 am at the sports stadium. Parents are welcome to join us for the morning if they are able to.
Head of Juniors